EDITED 26-Nov-2013: Minor bugfixes on commands, added more explanation.
Got my mouth all ready to do some POCSAG decoding on the Pi, running Raspbian Wheezy.
Enter Multimon-NG. I tried compiling it as per this page. Had no problems. In summary:
sudo su -
apt-get install libpulse-dev libx11-dev qt4-qmake
apt-get install git cmake build-essential
git clone https://github.com/EliasOenal/multimonNG.git
A previous version of this post listed lots of problems, mainly due to the lack of qmake. I later found that it's included in the qt4-qmake package. I used the latest (2013-09-25) version of Raspbian, which may have also helped.